Connect

Dashboard

New Search X

February 2017

Found 2 blog entries for February 2017.

     You’re probably thinking “ok, great year for real estate; but what’s next?”. It’s true. 2016 brought some stability to the Northern Nevada market, and it seems we can expect those trends to continue modestly into 2017, and really, until new homes are built.

     To get an idea of the complete picture, we’ve got to examine a few key facts. Of all homes sales in 2016, 55.3% were attributed to homes under $300,000 and 39% of homes that sold were priced from $300,000 to $600,000 for a grand total of 94.3%. That’s right…94.3% of homes sold in 2016 were priced under $600,000. This shows demand for homes priced under $600,000 is very high, while supply remains largely static, pushing prices up for homes in that range. We don’t expect a huge jump in

8,269 Views, 0 Comments

You might have noticed from November through December, and ending around Christmas that mortgage rates increased at an incredibly fast pace. Perhaps the quickest in history. Things mellowed out a bit around Christmas, when most people were on vacation, and then ramped-up again at breakneck speeds through January. Rates seemed poised to jump out of a metric called the "consolidation pattern" leading into this week; that is until the Feds made a statement at the beginning of the week addressing all the small changes made to the policy statement...see the tight range in the chart below.

 Then we saw something remarkable happen; rates stayed in the 2.44% trading range, remaining largely inside the "consolidation pattern", and hitting the brakes on the

650 Views, 0 Comments